Are you not satisfied with the handling of your case? In case you and your lawyer cannot resolve it, Wille Donker advocaten has a complaints procedure.
Article 1 Definitions
In this office complaints procedure, the following terms are defined as:
– complaint: any written expression of dissatisfaction by or on behalf of the client towards the lawyer or the persons working under his responsibility about the conclusion and execution of a contract of assignment, the quality of the service or the amount of the invoice, not being a complaint as referred to in paragraph 4 of the Lawyers Act;
complainant: the client or his representative who makes a complaint known;
– complaints officer: the lawyer who is responsible for handling the complaint.
Article 2 Scope
1. This office complaints procedure applies to every contract of assignment between Wille Donker advocaten and the client.
2. Every lawyer at Wille Donker advocaten ensures complaint handling in accordance with this office complaints procedure.
Article 3 Objectives
The purpose of this office complaints procedure is:
a. to record a procedure for handling complaints from clients within a reasonable period of time in a constructive manner;
b. to record a procedure to determine the causes of complaints from clients;
c. to maintain and improve existing relationships through good complaint handling;
d. o train employees in client-oriented response to complaints;
e. to improve the quality of the service with the help of complaint handling and complaint analysis.
Article 4 Internal complaint procedure
1. If a client approaches the office with a complaint, the complaint is forwarded to the complaints officer.
2. The complaints officer informs the person complained about of the filing of the complaint and gives the complainant and the person complained about the opportunity to explain the complaint.
3. The person complained about tries to find a solution with the client, with or without the intervention of the complaints officer.
4. The complaints officer handles the complaint within one month after receipt of the complaint or, stating reasons, informs the complainant about deviation from this period, stating the period within which a judgment will be given on the complaint.
5. The complaints officer informs the complainant and the person complained about in writing of the judgment on the validity of the complaint, possibly accompanied by recommendations.
6. The complainant is not required to pay for the cost of handling the complaint.
Article 5 Confidentiality
The complaints officer and the person complained about observe confidentiality in the handling of the complaint.
Article 6 Responsibilities
1. The complaints officer is responsible for the timely handling of the complaint.
2. The person complained about keeps the complaints officer informed about any contact with the complainant regarding his complaint and a possible solution.
3. The complaints officer keeps the complainant informed about the handling of the complaint.
4. The complaints officer keeps the complaint file.
Article 7 Complaint registration
1. The complaints officer registers the complaint with the subject of the complaint.
2. The complaints officer periodically reports to the office management about the handling of the complaints and makes recommendations to prevent new complaints, as well as to improve procedures.
3. The reports and recommendations are discussed by the office management at least once a year.
Article 8 Complaints officer
The complaints officer of Wille Donker advocaten is mr. C.J.R. van Binsbergen (firstname.lastname@example.org). If the complaint relates to Mr. C.J.R. van Binsbergen, will mr. J. Verhoeven (email@example.com) act as complaints officer.