Are you the owner of a successful business and do you receive an interesting offer from a competitor on your business? Or are you looking for expansion and see opportunities in merging with another party? Then it is wise to engage one of our specialists in the field of mergers and acquisitions.
What are mergers and acquisitions?
Mergers and acquisitions are legal processes in which two or more companies merge or where one company takes over (part of) another company. This can take place in various ways, such as by buying shares, taking over assets and liabilities, or entering into a legal merger.
What can you expect from us?
In a merger or acquisition, various areas of law are involved, such as employment law and tenancy law. Therefore, it is important to engage a partner who helps you navigate this complex legal landscape. We are happy to fulfill that role. Our lawyers have extensive experience in the acquisition practice and oversee the entire process. As a result, we are able to optimally guide and advise you.
Where specific knowledge is required from other areas of law, such as employment law, tenancy law, and real estate law, our lawyers can quickly switch with the specialists from these other teams within our office. Beyond that, the lawyers work closely with specialists from our network such as accountants, tax advisors, and notaries. In this way, we ensure that you are advised on all aspects, where we are happy to take on the role of director.
We assist both buyers and sellers. We can help you with the following matters, among others:
- Drafting and reviewing letters of intent, purchase agreements, loan agreements (‘vender loans’), management agreements, shareholder agreements, and other relevant transaction documents;
- Conducting negotiations with your contract party/ counterparty;
- Performing a due diligence investigation to identify potential risks;
- Setting up a data room;
- Advising on the structuring of the transaction, for example with regard to financing and tax aspects;
- Guiding the completion of the transaction, such as passing the deeds at the notary and informing the parties involved;
- Advising on the preparation for the sales process, such as identifying the value of your business and preparing an information memorandum for potential buyers.
Do you want to know more about mergers and acquisitions? Our specialists are happy to tell you about it.